COVID-19 Information & Updates
- All communities have completed the vaccine clinics. 95% of all eligible Enlivant residents have been vaccinated and 75% of all qualifying Enlivant team members have been vaccinated.
- The road to reopen: a message from our medical director
- The Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has recommended that the first doses of COVID-19 vaccines be given to health care workers and elderly residents in congregate housing.
- The US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) has launched a public-private partnership with major pharmaceutical chains to facilitate on-site administration of COVID-19 vaccines to residents of long-term care facilities with no out-of-pocket costs. Enlivant is participating in this initiative, through its pharmacy partners.
- As more information becomes available, Enlivant will work with HHS, Walgreens/Remedi, and state/local governments to distribute the vaccine to its employees and residents.
- Enlivant is also coordinating its vaccination planning and protocols with national senior living advocacy groups such as Argentum, ASHA, and AHCA/NCAL, who have aligned their approach with CDC and HHS recommendations.
- Additional information from HHS can be found here.
As we navigate this unprecedented time, we have taken further precautions across all Enlivant communities to help protect the safety and health of our residents and employees.
- Established protocols to ensure continuous supply of PPE, food, equipment, prescriptions and all other supplies
- Modified our dining, salon services and activities to allow for safe social distancing.
- Developed protocols to allow for safe and secure visitation for families and loved ones (both outdoor and indoor, where permitted)
- Coordinated all holiday celebrations to allow for safe but engaging festivities
- Regularly monitoring all residents for symptoms of COVID-19 and partnering with resident physicians.
- Adjusted admissions guidelines to adhere to CDC screening recommendations and other safety protocols.
- Enhanced the rigor and frequency of our cleaning and sanitizing efforts.
- Screening employees for signs or risk-factors of COVID-19 before each shift.
- Ongoing training on standard infection control precautions policies and procedures in the event a resident or employee may show signs of illness.
- Ongoing additional training with team members following CDC recommendations, focusing on proper handwashing, housekeeping and disinfecting
- Making continued updates to policies to prohibit work for any employee that feels ill or has symptoms of a respiratory illness.
- Requiring use of masks by all employees and essential visitors while in the community, supplied by Enlivant.
- We thank our passionate caregivers who truly are essential workers always and now, more than ever. To meet just some of our special employees, please visit Enlivant’s Gratitude Wall.
- Prohibiting all non-essential visitors from entering our communities.
- Screening all approved essential (medical) visitors for signs or risk-factors of COVID-19 before each time they enter our community.
- Restricting deliveries to non-resident areas of the building.
- Utilizing virtual options to continue engaging with our trusted partners.
We continue to update procedures in accordance with evolving guidance from the CDC and local and state health organizations, and provide ongoing briefings to staff on procedures to follow should they or someone they are in close contact with test positive for COVID-19.
Should we learn of a confirmed case in one of our communities, we adjust our protocols to ensure the safety & health of the employees & residents in the community. These efforts are above and beyond those we articulated in above and include, but are not limited to:
- Using appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for all employees & residents in accordance with guidance from the CDC;
- Isolating residents to their apartments, including in-room dining services and activities;
- Recognizing memory care is a highly specialized environment that requires additional considerations to keep residents safe on an individual basis, we are isolating memory care residents to the memory care unit, serving all meals on disposable dishware, and limiting activities;
- Increased monitoring of all residents for signs and symptoms of COVID-19;
- Continuing to partner with local and state health departments;
We are continually evaluating and assessing our protocols based on evolving guidance from the CDC as well as local & state health departments, with an unrelenting focus on the safety and health of our residents and employees.
Please click here to read our prior updates we’ve provided.
Please click here to see our Facebook page.